About Miraj MIDC Industrial Area
Overview- Miraj MIDC Industrial Area
Sangli Miraj MIDC industrial area is one of the oldest industrial area in Sangli district & was established in 1971 & came in operation in 1973.This area is developed by Maharashtra Industries Development Corporation (MIDC), corporation of Ministry of Industries & Labour, Government of Maharashtra, for development & maintenance of Industrial infrastructure in state.
The infrastructural, Industrial & Employment environment of Miraj MIDC Industrial Area is highly distinctive having widest spectrum of Manufacturing Industries in Small, Medium as well as Large scale. This Industrial area is accelerating the industrial & Economic growth of the region
Land owners- Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation
- Name of the area: Miraj MIDC Industrial Area
- Group: D
- Establishment: 1971
- In Operation: 1973
- Total Area: 166.48 Hectors/1.6648 km2
- Local Governing Authority: Sangli Miraj Kupwad city Corporation
Types of Plots and Nos
- Industrial Plots: 376
- Residential Plots: 31
- Commercial Plots: 46
- Aminity Plots: 37
- PAP Plots: 25
Services and Service Provider
- Roads, Street Lighting, Garbage Collection: Sangli Miraj Kupwad City Corporation
- Power: Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd Power Consumption - 12/15 MW /Day.
- Water Supply: Maharashtra Industrial Development Corp. Uninterrupted 24 Hrs.
- Internal Transportation: M.S.R.T.C Buses
- Communication Network: BSNL, Reliance, TATA
Manufacturing Activities of Industries
Total Working Units -256 (upto 31.3.2016)
Animal Feed, Auto Component, Animal Feed plants,
Cement articles, Chemicals, Cutting Tools, Chemical & Pharmaceutical Equipments, Dairy,
Educational Equipments, Electrical Equipments, Electronics Equipments,
Foundry, Food Products, Fabrication, Furniture,
Machine Shop, Material Handling Equipments,
Printing, Pharmaceuticals, Plastic Products, Pollution Control Equipments, Packaging units, Powder Coating & Electroplating,
Special Purpose Machine, Sugar Machinery & Spares, Stationary, Surgical Instruments,
Turmeric, Testing Machines, Textiles
Turnover & Revenue Figures (Approx.)
- Collective Sales turnover of the industries @ INR 500 crores
- Collective Excise Revenue to govt. @ INR 50 crores
- Collective Sales Tax Revenue to govt. @ INR 50 crores
- Staff (White Collar): 1500 Nos.
- Skilled Workmen (Blue Collar): 3000 Nos.
- Semi Skilled Workmen (Blue Collar): 2500 Nos.
- Contract Labour (Blue Collar): 8000 Nos.
- Ladies Employees 2000 Nos.
Advantage: Miraj MIDC Industrial Area
- Close to Miraj Town.
- Skilled disciplined- Blue collar & White Collar Employees available at reasonable Remuneration.
- No unionism.
- Uninterrupted Electrical power available from MAHADISCOM
- Uninterrupted water supply available from MIDC.
- Roads, Street Lighting & garbage collection From SMK Corporation.
- High Quality Communication network for voice & data
- Major Transporters available at Sangli
- Major Domestic & International courier Services available at Sangli
- Rail link from Miraj junction to Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Goa and Hyderabad
- Mumbai Bangalore National High way (NH-4) at -40 Km near Kolhapur
- Air Link to Mumbai, Bangalore at 40 kms near Kolhapur.